The highest seat of political power of the province is located at a hill in Brgy. San Vicente, Tarlac City. The present structure was finished in 1909. During the Japanese occupation, the provincial capitol was vacated and used as the provincial headquarters of the Imperial Army. The capitol suffered great damages during the Second World War, but afterwards, in 1946, the United States of America helped rebuild and improve its structure. Because of its historical background, the picture of the capitol façade appears in the current 500 peso bill.
How to get there:
From Manila, take the North Luzon Expressway then exit the Dau Toll Plaza. Upon reaching the Capas Town Market, turn left to Brgy Sta Rosario then proceed to Brgy Sta Juliana.
Brgy. San Vicente, Tarlac City, Tarlac
(045) 982 1234