Municipality of Anao

Anao

The smallest town in terms of land area, Anao is a relatively an old town having been organized into a municipality as early as March 16, 1870. But even before that, the history of Anao dates back much earlier. The area where Anao is now located was formerly a part of Pangasinan but was made part of the Province of Tarlac when it was created during the Spanish rule in early 1800s. Accounts have it that in the early 1800s, the area where Anao is now located was uninhabited. The area was crisscrossed with creeks and had lush vegetation particularly balete, a variety of ficus that grew in abundance along the banks of the creeks. Settlers from the Ilocos Region in the north began moving southward and the first group of people to inhabit the place were said to have come from Paoay, a municipality of Ilocos Norte.

Vision Statement: To live as an economically empowered people led by a dynamic and proactive leadership, living in a democratic, peaceful and progressive municipality and environmentally sustainable community.

Mission Statement: Towards this vision, the government and people of Anao shall strive to achieve progress and change through the use of its limited natural resources without having to compromise their usefulness and productiveness for the future generation.

Visit as: ANAO TARLAC OFFICIAL WEBSITE


MAYOR: EDGARDO SANTIAGO FELIPE
VICE-MAYOR: JOCELYN MONTERO CONCEPCION
COUNCILORS:

BETTY BADAR LACBAYAN
ARNEL SANTOS OLIVEROS
RAFAEL MERCADO NARAL
CESAR CACULITAN BAUTISTA

JERRY LIGSAY PRIMERO
CARLITO BARNACHIA SANTOS
NEMESIO RABARA HAILAR JR.
EMERCIANA RAILA RIVERA

Comments are closed.

Website Designed by Central Scotland Joinery